A crime rate is a measurable index that indicates the number of crimes in a particular geographic location or, even the world. The crimes range from misdemeanors to first-degree murders enveloping everything in between.
States that have a high rate of robberies, assault, rapes and murders are considered unsafe and extremely dangerous to live in or visit. But there are some very safe states to live in too as compared to the others: states that have a low crime rate and are generally safer for its citizens. Danger is of course everywhere in the world, and it is important to be mindful of your surroundings.
Table of Contents
- 1 What State has the lowest Crime Rate?
- 2 What City has the lowest Crime Rate?
- 3 Which State has the least Murders?
- 4 What Country has the lowest Crime Rate in the World?
- 5 Conclusion
What State has the lowest Crime Rate?
The state with the lowest crime rate in 2020 is Maine, which tops the charts followed by Utah and others. Let’s have a close look at the statistics.
Maine has the least crime percentage of 112.1 occurrences per 100,000 individuals. In 2018, the total number of crimes reported in Maine dropped for the seventh consecutive year. Since 2009, the absolute number of announced violations has fallen over 40%. Law requirement credits the community for working intimately with them to accomplish this.
Utah has the second-most reduced crime percentage of 172 homicides reported for each 100,000 individuals. A few factors that have been ascribed to this are the absence of gangs and unsafe areas, a low level of unemployment, which has been discovered to be a major factor in the probability of criminal activity.
New Hampshire has the third-least crime percentage in the United States of 173.2 occurrences per 100,000. New Hampshire’s safest cities boast crime rates that are less than 100 incidents per 100,000 people. New Hampshire, however, does have a higher-than-average reported rape rate of 49.4 per 100,000 people. Researchers are not sure whether this reflects a culture of sexual assault or a culture of accurate reporting.
Vermont has the fourth-most minimal crime percentage in the United States with a crime percentage of 200 incidents for each 100,000 individuals. Vermont’s most concerning issue is digital security and the most violent crime is burglary. Seven out of the state’s 10 most secure urban areas announced a violent crime percentage that was short of one incident for each 1,000 individuals.
Connecticut is the fifth-least crime percentage in the United States with a crime percentage of 207.4 occurrences per 100,000 individuals. Past Connecticut Governor Dannel P. Malloy expressed, ‘Connecticut has demonstrated to the remainder of the country that brilliant changes convey results by zeroing in on renewed opportunities as opposed to lasting discipline and shame.’
What City has the lowest Crime Rate?
According to 2020 rankings, Abu Dhabi has been ranked as the safest city in the world, with the lowest crime rate. It is home to thousands of people and a top travel destination for corporate and tourists.
Here are the 10 safest cities in America for 2020
- Broadview Heights, Ohio
- Hopkinton, Massachusetts
- Oakland Township, Michigan
- Ridgefield, Connecticut
- Bergenfield, New Jersey
- New Castle Town, New York
- Franklin, Massachusetts
- Bedford Town, New York
- Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
- Bernards Township, New Jersey
Which State has the least Murders?
Even if Maine is ranked as the safest state in the US, in terms of murders, it has been ranked on the 7th number. Vermont is ranked as the state with the least amount of murders in 2018.
- Violent crime rate: 172 per 100,000 people
- Total 2018 murders: 10 (the lowest)
- Imprisonment rate: 222 adults per 100,000 (4th lowest)
- Poverty rate: 11% (16th lowest)
- Violent crime rate: 404.7 per 100,000 people
- Total 2018 murders: 12 (2nd lowest)
- Imprisonment rate: 601 adults per 100,000 (11th highest)
- Poverty rate: 13.1% (20th highest)
- Violent crime rate: 212.2 per 100,000 people
- Total 2018 murders: 13 (3rd lowest)
- Imprisonment rate: 560 adults per 100,000 (16th highest)
- Poverty rate: 11.1% (17th lowest)
- Violent crime rate: 219.1 per 100,000 people
- Total 2018 murders: 16 (4th lowest)
- Imprisonment rate: 212 adults per 100,000 (3rd lowest)
- Poverty rate: 12.9% (23rd highest)
- Violent crime rate: 280.6 per 100,000 people
- Total 2018 murders: 18 (5th lowest)
- Imprisonment rate: 295 adults per 100,000 (9th lowest)
- Poverty rate: 10.7% (12th lowest)
What Country has the lowest Crime Rate in the World?
According to data available on the internet for 2020, here are the countries ranked as the safest in the world with their quality of life, safety and health care index.
|Rank||Country||Quality of Life Index||Safety Index||Health Care Index|
|24||United Arab Emirates||155.41||84.55||67.92|
Note: Sample figures have been extracted online, courtesy of Numbeo.
States that are listed as the safest states to live have been done so through various measuring tools and indexes. Having the lowest crime rate certainly takes a lot of effort from the government’s side as well as the citizens, countries where law and order is strict and where criminals are rightfully punished, are places that have deemed the safest to live and visit.
Of course, the crime is never zero. But these countries and cities mentioned above have a relatively lower and lowest crime rate, with murders and rapes and robberies are not so common, and if someone commits such a felony, they are caught and punished in court.